SHOUT – 24/7 TEXT MESSAGING SERVICE TO SUPPORT THOSE IN CRISIS
This free text messaging helpline is a private, silent and trusted way for anyone experiencing mental health challenges to find a safe space to seek help and support. You can send a text message any time of day or night wherever you are – every conversation is with a human being.
It’s easy to use
- You don’t need an app or data
- There’s no registration process
- It’s silent and won’t appear on your phone bill
- Confidential and anonymous.
It’s provided by trained volunteer staff supported by clinical supervisors
Just text the relevant keyword for where you live:
- Text GMManchester to 85258